How to Get Started on Your High School Equivalency Diploma
Individuals who are under 18 years of age should complete the Enrollment Packet for minors and call 252-451-8215 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment with the director.
Individuals ages 18 and older should complete the following steps:
- When you are ready to get started, please complete the registration form.
- Next, you will take the TABE Test. This test is offered in person on a first come, first served basis, in the Continuing Education and Public Services Building, room 8120. No appointment is needed, and testing is offered on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays 8:30 am-5:00 pm (arrive by 2:30 pm); Wednesdays 8:30 am- 8:30 pm (arrive by 6:00 pm); Friday 8:30 am-12:00 pm (arrive by 9:30 am). Please bring a state-issued photo ID.
- After you complete the TABE Test, you’ll receive the information to complete Ready Set Go Orientation.
- Once orientation is completed, your class schedule will be emailed to your NCC Student Email.
- Start attending classes. You will be tested every 60 hours to check your progress to help you move through the process to graduation.
The Foundational Adult Basic Education program is designed for students with intellectual disabilities. It serves as an extension of the Occupational Course of Study (OCS) activities in the public school system allowing students to continue their education at the community college level. Students receive instruction in math, language arts and specific career pathways. Through classroom instruction and internships, students prepare to find work in hospitality and food service, gardening and lawn maintenance, commercial cleaning, and retail sales.