The Nuclear Medicine Technology curriculum provides the clinical and didactic experience necessary to prepare students to qualify as entry-level nuclear medicine technologists.
What You'll Learn
Students will acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to properly perform clinical procedures. These skills include patient care, use of radioactive materials, operation of imaging and counting instrumentation, and laboratory procedures.
Graduates may be eligible to apply for certification/registration examinations given by the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board and the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
This program has special admissions requirements. These requirements are in addition to those completed for the College. Please visit www.pittcc.edu to review the requirements (click on Health Sciences > Admissions). Students must apply and be formally admitted to the Medical Sonography program to take any NMT and PET courses.
Degree granted from Pitt Community College.
Major Core Courses
- *NMT 110 Intro to Nuclear Medicine
- *NMT 110A Intro Nuclear Medicine Lab
- *NMT 126 Nuclear Physics
- *NMT 132 Overview-Clinical Nuclear Med
- *NMT 134 Nuclear Pharmacy
- *NMT 136 Health Physics
- *NMT 211 NMT Clinical Practice I
- *NMT 212 Procedures for Nuclear Med I
- *NMT 212A Procedures for Nuclear Med Lab
- *NMT 214 Radiobiology
- *NMT 215 Non-Imaging Instrument
- *NMT 218 Computers in Nuclear Med
- *NMT 221 NMT Clinical Practice II
- *NMT 222 Procedures for Nuclear Med II
- *NMT 222A Procedures for Nuclear Med Lab
- *NMT 289 Nuclear Med Tech Topics
- *PET 110 Intro to PET
- *PET 235 Cross-Sectional Anatomy