The Welding Technology curriculum provides students with a sound understanding of the science, technology, and applications essential for successful employment in the welding and metalworking industry.
What you'll learn
Instruction includes consumable and non-consumable electrode welding and cutting processes. Courses may include math, blueprint reading, metallurgy, welding inspection, and destructive and non-destructive testing providing the student with industry-standard skills developed through classroom training and practical application.
Graduates of the Welding Technology curriculum may be employed as entry-level technicians in the welding and metalworking industries. Career opportunities also exist in construction, manufacturing, fabrication, sales, quality control, supervision, and welding-related self-employment.
Technical Core Courses
- WLD 110 Cutting Processes
- WLD 115 SMAW (Stick) Plate
- WLD 121 GMAW (MIG) FCAW/Plate
- WLD 131 GTAW (TIG) Plate
- WLD 141 Symbols and Specifications
Other Major Courses
- BPR 111 Print Reading
- CIS 110 Introduction to Computer
- DFT 151 CAD I
- ISC 112 Industrial Safety
- MAC 121 Intro. to CNC
- WLD 116 SMAW (Stick) Plate/Pipe
- WLD 122 GMAW (MIG) Plate/Pipe
- WLD 132 GTAW (TIG) Plate/Pipe
- WLD 151 Fabrication I
- WLD 251 Fabrication II
- WLD 261 Certification Practices
- WLD 262 Inspection and Testing
- WLD 265 Automated Welding/Cutting
- COM 110 Intro. to Communication or COM 120 Intro Interpersonal Communication or COM 231 Public Speaking
- ENG 110 Freshman Composition or ENG 111 Writing and Inquiry
- HUM/FA Humanities/Fine Arts Core Elect.
- MAT 121 Algebra/Trigonometry I or MAT 171 Precalculus Algebra
- SOC/BEH Social/Behavioral Sci. Core Elect.
Other Required Courses
- ACA 122 University Transfer Success
HUM/FA Elective (Select 1 course)
ART 111, ART 114, ART 115, DRA 111, ENG 231, ENG 232, ENG 233, ENG 241, ENG 242, ENG 261, ENG 262, HUM 110, HUM 115, HUM 120, HUM 130, HUM 150, HUM 160, HUM 180, HUM 211, HUM 212, MUS 110, MUS 112, PHI 215, PHI 220, PHI 230, PHI 240, REL 110, REL 211, REL 212