Nash Community College (NCC) is confident and proud of the relationships that we are building with the men and women in uniform that bravely serve this country, those who have served and their families.
NCC is dedicated to providing the highest quality comprehensive support to student veterans in an atmosphere of commitment, respect and academic excellence. The College offers training opportunities for veterans, eligible National Guard/Reservists and eligible dependents (spouse and/or children) of 100 percent service-connected disabled or deceased veterans.
For information regarding benefits administered by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs, contact one of the following offices:
- Department of Veterans Affairs – 1.888.442.4551 or www.benefits.va.gov/Gibill/.
- Nash County Veterans Service Office – 252-462-2720
Note: Some links on this page leave the NCC Website. These links are not to be considered as being endorsed by Nash Community College.
General Eligibility Requirements
Veterans Affairs students are in the unique position of having to meet requirements as specified by the Department of Veterans Affairs, the North Carolina State Approving Agency (NCSAA), and Nash Community College. Although NCC’s VA Office does not work for the Department of Veterans Affairs or the SAA, it is our job to work closely with them to ensure your needs as students are met. Our office strives to meet the Principles of Excellence.
Complete admissions application online here.
- All transcripts must be submitted and reviewed by our Registrar Office before students can be certified for any VA benefits.
- Request official high school / GED transcript.
- Request official transcripts from all previous colleges / universities. (If applicable)
- Request military transcripts online here. (If applicable)
Apply for financial aid online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Take placement exams (if applicable)
Please check with our Counseling Department to determine if you need to take the English and Math Placement Exams. You can email them at email@example.com.
VA Certificate of Eligibility Letter
Submit Certificate of Eligibility Letter from the VA. You should get this about 30 days after applying for benefits.